Ups and Downs

Last week, I had lunch with my good friend Jolene. As we don’t see each other all that often, I thought I’d send a text to see if we could meet up over the lunch hour so I could share the baby news with her. It was a great lunch and it’s always great to see Jo-Jo. She was of course super excited and her and her fiancé Paul then sent Brandon and me a very cute, hand made baby card! Way to be crafty Paul! :)

Last Thursday night Neighbor Meg came over and helped me bake Baby Cookies. We had fun, chatting, baking and decorating in pink and blue frosting with sprinkles and candy pacifiers. Meg found the candies – she’s so creative! I brought the cookies to work on Friday to break the news to my coworkers – that was a lot of fun. They knew instantly! I got some hugs and lots of congrats.

This week the baby has been very naughty! Starting with Tuesday morning. I woke up CRABBY! And lucky for me, we were still in the middle of a snow storm that was making the commute to work just lovely. So I’d gotten up early (first alarm vs. 5th snooze like normal) to get a head start on the road. But by the time I left the house, for no good reason, I was so on edge that my jaw hurt. On my way in to work, the roads were awful. And there was this one guy that I swear really, really wanted to buy a new back end for our car. I made it in to work, on time and in one piece but… I was still waaaaay crabby.

My mood, ah.. didn’t necessarily get better but sort of leveled out about mid day, but as I came down from the angry state, I fell into a sad state. Mind you, nothing happened to cause any of this. By the time I was driving home I was in tears. I called my mom and she was kind enough to talk me down and distract me the whole way home so I could drive with clear vision.

But as soon as I walked in the door my poor unsuspecting husband asked how I was doing… oh boy. I fell apart. He came up to me and embraced me, patted my back, let me ball my eyes out, and told me it was going to be okay. Neither of us knows what “it” is, but I believe him. He instructs me to go upstairs and get my jammies on and once I did, I felt so much better. He’d ordered pizza and we ate and watched tv. The world was a better place, finally. Brandon then asked me “what’s my son up to today?” it took me a minute to get it… but I told him “reeking havoc”.

The following day I was all good…. Until I ate lunch. I had a chicken sandwich, baked potato, and milk. Some part of that the baby did NOT like. I struggled thru most of the remaining work day and ended up leaving a little early. I took an hour and a half nap when I got home and felt better afterwards. I love naps. Brandon and I went to poker and our friend Jodi made a very nice toast in which she announced to all our poker friends that in 18 years they can look forward to taking our kid’s money too! I’m thinking he/she is going to take theirs!!! Ha!

Today is a good day. I have a roast cooking in the crock pot at home so dinner will be done already. I think the crock pot is my new best friend, sorry Leslie. And we have no obligations or plans for the evening. Just jammies. Tomorrow night we’re having a valentines dinner with our good friends Josh and Linnea and then Saturday night we are meeting our good friends Red and Marci for Red’s birthday. None of which know our news yet, so that will be awesome! Saturday morning I'm meeting my mom, gramma and sister Angie for breakfast which will be very nice. Sunday we have a couples poker game – love’em / hate’em – at Gene and Jodi’s. busy busy

No comments:

Post a Comment