12/29/09

Not only a blonde moment, but an Amy moment

Well, I'm not a nurse, doctor, chiropractor, or any other professional whom would have had to deeply study the human anatomy. However, I've been told that there are some things that we somehow should just know.. like, Da!

These are the things in life that often escape me... I'm the "da".

A key factor into this Amy Moment is that this had taken place very early on in my dating relationship with Brandon. Much before we were ever living together. This is back in the day when we actually had those things you call "dates". This is key.

So, we're spending some cozy time at my place; just hanging out and watching TV. Brandon was sitting on the couch and I came over to sit on his lap (like young couples do). He responds "oh, don't do that. I have to pee & you're pushing on my bladder." I stared at him - I'm sure as though I thought he was full of hooey. (that's sh!t in Amy language).

He says "What? I really do have to pee." And, in my infamous wisdom, I unfortunately respond "Ya, but guys don't have bladders."

Seriously, I'm not sure why he didn't run for the hills.

He thought we'd entertain this theory and asked "Well, then where do you think we keep it?" and, in yet another bright moment I answer "In your peeny." (girls have hoo-hoos)

In short, I was wrong.

This has been a favorite family story. In fact, it was shared with his aunt, uncle and cousin on their way to see our new born neice. As we were all oogling and awing over little Hannah, I was asked about bladders... nice.

I hope you enjoyed it as much as they have because I'm fairly certain, I will never live it down!

1 comment: